Monday, April 13, 2009

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Hi everyone! Well, only three weeks (hopefully) left! I really, really wish I did not have to go back to work tomorrow, but unfortunately I used any "saved" time on the adoption and I have to work up to my due date. I pray that I am not in the middle of class when and if my water breaks. That would be pretty embarrassing.

Joe just finished repainting the nursery. We were not going to redo it, but there were too many bad memories and we just couldn't stand looking at it anymore. It came out really pretty and looks ready for a baby girl! Pink of course...not too creative ;) There really isn't a "theme" in the room ~ just sweet polka dots and a few touches of butterflies. Now we just need our precious angel in the crib and it will be perfect.

I have read a bunch of lists of things to bring to the hospital. Anyone want to share what they are happy they had with them and perhaps what they wish they would have brought with them?

7 comments:

The Heinrichs said...

I can't wait for your sweet baby girl to arrive! Praying she comes sooner than later!

Marcia said...

Hello Dawn!
I am guessing that I speak for almost all of us faithful followers when I say: We want a photo!!! You know--one of those great side-view shots where we can see you blooming and also see your glowing face!
So happy and excited for you,
Marcia

www.halfdozenscrambled.com said...

I wish I had brought some drinks and food to the hospital. I also think an mp3 player would be very handy.

Brass Ovaries said...

Just checking in for a status update. I fully expect you to blog between contractions and keep all of us informed.

The Cook said...

belly shot belly shot belly shot!

The Wason's said...

How exciting and wonderful!
God is GREAT!

Hugs,
Kathleen

ps.- Make sure you look up how to feed her... I had not read that chapter, yet, when my son came...

Gina and Teagan said...

How exciting! She will be here before you know it!! I wish I had taken my own pillow!! I totally forgot it and the hospital pillows just weren't the same =) Good luck!! I can't wait to see pics of your little angel!!