Sunday, November 2, 2008

Week 14

I saw my OB last week and she gave me an Rx for Zofran. That stuff is amazing! I can't believe I actually feel normal again :) I just wish they gave it to me sooner, but I am sooo happy to have it now!


I read this book that I think is great: The Mother-to-Be's Dream Book: Understanding the Dreams of Pregnancy by Raina M. Paris. There isn't a pregnant woman I know who has not said she had weird dreams while pregnant. I have always been a dreamer - very vivid details...I talk in my sleep, and even yell and scream which wakes my poor hubby up. However, my pregnancy dreams have been even more vivid. They almost seem more mystical - even the colors are different...like Disney Technicolor. It's quite interesting. So, this author writes that there are "typical" dreams that occur in each trimester. The first trimester dreams often include people from your past, more specifically, family, friends, and ex-lovers. She believes this is a resolution stage during which you make peace with the past. The second trimester dreams are typically more anxiety-related dreams. It is common to dream of misplacing or forgetting your baby, forgetting to feed your baby, etc... This is a time for mothers-to-be to work out feelings of fear or anxiety and develop a more primal mother instinct. The last trimester, according to Paris, encompasses dreams that are more psychic in nature and focus on bonding with your baby. You may dream of the sex of your baby and even be able to "take your baby out of the womb" during these dreams. If dreams intrigue you or you are pregnant and experiencing more vivid dream activity than ever before in your life and want to try and "interpret" your dreams, I highly recommend this book.

0 comments: