Sunday, November 30, 2008

IT'S A...

It is a girl! We are really excited and shocked at the same time. It will take some time to move into "girly" mode. There is certainly plenty to shop for :) We are going to name her Isabella Lena De Lorenzo. We'll most likely always call her Bella...except for those times when you are angry and call her by her full name - lol. However, Joe is Joseph and a few people told us they like having their "formal" and "informal" names. Lena is my great-grandmother's name and although I never knew her, my grandfather always spoke of her with such warmth and love.

Bella certainly didn't make things easy at the ultrasound. We couldn't do the 3D/4D because the umbilical cord is currently in front and it was covering her face. Then she wasn't in a great position, so they had me walk around for a little while to get her to move. When we went back in she was positioned better but kept tucking her foot in front of her vagina...so they pushed and prodded until they got the perfect angle and told us "It is definitely a girl."

I am not sure if we are going to change the nursery. It is neutral...light beige. I may just change the bedding. It is currently that cute jungle theme. We are not big into the whole pink thing so I will have to see what they have out there that is feminine, but not too girly.

9 comments:

Miracle Balsitis said...

I've never commented before, but always think of you and read your blog often.
So perfect! I think it is totally fitting that it's a girl. After three boys that you have lost, a girl is just right. I'll always think of your boys and pray for them. But I'm glad it's a girl for you. Thanks for updating!

Dawn said...

Joe and I were just talking about how having a girl is such a break away from our three boys that perhaps it will be healing. A fresh start and a break with what came before. Thanks for posting:)

Unknown said...

Congrats Dawn and Joe! I know it's a total change in thinking for you now, but I think a little girl will be perfect for your family.

I'm with you in not being into all the frilly pink stuff. So I am glad to know it's not going to be all princess and lace for Bella. I saw a baby girl jungle crib bedding set somewhere, it had jungle animals with some touches of pink... maybe it would work to just add that touch to what you already have.

Adrienne said...

So delighted for you both....think of you often and love following along on this wonderful new road you are going down....
Best wishes to you both
Adrienne

Allison said...

Congratulations!! I'm not surprised that your daughter didn't cooperate with the ultrasound. You'll find out soon enought that with girls its not a good idea unless its their idea! Hey, we know what we want from a early age.

BTW, I'm not a girlie girl but my daughter still LOVES pink and princesses. She also likes basketball and baseball so I guess I can't complain too much. What exciting news. I'm so happy for you and Joe.

Continued Blessings to you all.

The Heinrichs said...

YEAH!!! So excited for you guys...you will love shopping for little Bella!!! And her name is beautiful!

I too was praying you two had a girl - def. I sign God was working to heal you guys!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

I have followed along the whole journey and this is the moment I've been waiting for. Even though I don't know you, I think this is wonderful and congrats on your girl! There is lots of bedding out there that's non gender specific and not to frilly. I know what you mean, I am not into that either. The jungle theme is good either way and Isabella is a fantastic name! Congrats again!! So Happy! Gena

Dana said...

Dawn and Joe, I am SO SO happy for you I just can't express it in words. I want to give you two a big hug! I think it's great you're having a girl, it will be nice to have a change from your past experience and I just love her names. I am so anxious to follow along with your miracle baby and I wish you all the best in these upcoming months. It's such a wonderful time for you two. I'm gushing too much now but I will be looking forward to new posts.

Angie's blog said...

PTL!! Congrats!! I have been following your story for a long time and I am so happy for you!! God Bless!!