Saturday, October 18, 2008

Milestones!

We are under 200 days left and the end of my first trimester! Woohoo! I am feeling soooo much better too. No morning sickness and my ear infections are clearing up. I am glad that I have quite a few colleagues who have recently become mommies because I get to pick their brains about their experiences. I was a little worried because I have lost my appetite - nothing "sounds good" and although I am hungry I just don't feel like eating. They reassured me that this will pass as well.

I told my students that I am pregnant and they are all excited. We wrote down all of their guesses as to whether we are having a boy or a girl. Quite a few voted girl! It will certainly be something I have to wrap my mind around after being in a "boy mode" for three years! Ironically, the only name will have pinned down is a girl's name: Isabella (Bella) Rose De Lorenzo. We have a list of several boys' names, but have not narrowed it down to a favorite yet. Here is our list:

Christian (my paternal great-grandfather's name)
Daniel
Giovanni (Joe's maternal grandfather's name)
Jacob
Jack
Jason
Justin
Patrick
Paul (my maternal great-grandfather's name)
Sean

Unfortunately, our favorite boy name, Stephen, was to be given to Stas and Andrey, and we just don't feel comfortable using it.

PS - Yes, we have a 3D ultrasound scheduled for Sunday, November 30th...we are hoping our little peanut is cooperative and we can see his or her jems ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Morning sickness is the worst, especially when you have to work!
I love your girl's name! Great pick!
I think boys' names are really hard to pick! Out of your list of boys names I really like Christian and Jack.
I can't wait until you find out what you're having. Is there another ultrasound scheduled soon?

Unknown said...

Woohoo... through the first trimester already. Great news.

and as for names... you know I happen to be partial to the name Christian. ;)

Stacy said...

I just heard the news. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Dana said...

I love your girls name. All three names sound beautiful together. For a boy I love the name Christian. Nice name, not trendy. I love checking your blog Dawn. I am just sooooo happy for you and Joe. It's about time this has happened.