Friday, September 19, 2008

Welcome!

It is time to start a new blog and a fresh page in my life story! What better way to celebrate a new beginning than a new blog? I realize only bloggers will understand this ;) We are moving into Week 8 of our pregnancy and all is well. We had another ultrasound on Wednesday and the baby is growing and the heartbeat is strong. We will have our last ultrasound with out Reproductive Endocrinologist this coming Wednesday and be released to my OB.

I thought I was going to make it unscathed and not have to deal with "morning" sickness - which is really "any time" sickness, but I was wrong. I got sick at work on Tuesday afternoon. I think I have it under control now, but I really have to be careful to eat every 2-3 hours or I feel nauseous. The Italian genes are definitely surging through this baby because the only food that makes me feel better is pasta!

I am sick and tired of taking Progesterone. I am praying that they will tell me I can stop on Wednesday. I also developed a blood clot in my arm from a messed up attempt to insert my IV before the egg retrieval. So I am also injecting a blood thinner twice a day. I will be glad when I don't have to have daily injections anymore.

I realize that many people see having a baby as commonplace, but when you have struggled with infertility and endured three failed adoptions - becoming pregnant is like a blind man getting his sight back. It is surreal.

9 comments:

Adrienne said...

Dawn & Joe
Huge Congratulations to you both...Am so delighted with your exciting news...Thank you for sharing this new chapter of your life with us...You have gone through so much and I pray that there are only good times ahead for you both...
Sending good wishes your way for a healthy happy pregnancy..
Adrienne in Ireland... Mom to Darrelle 12 (bio)
Elena 5 Taraz home Sept 2003
Alex 2 UstK home Jan 2007

The Heinrichs said...

Dawn...I am so excited for you two and am so happy to be able to follow along this new journey with you!

Hugs~Deanna

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so happy for you! (I've been lurking at your other blog for a long while...)

Julie

The Cook said...

I am so glad you heard the heart beat and all is well. I am glad you started a new blog.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link to your new blog. I love the title and design. Congratulations again!

Deb said...

Dawn-
I used to read your original blog, then lost access when you went private. I found you again through Stacy's blog and now I am following you here.

you and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers. Love and hugs to you,
Deb

Thad and Ann said...

Hi Dawn,
I am SO thrilled for you & Joe! How exciting to be expecting a baby. I just recently checked your other blog & am so sorry for the pain. God is truly blessing you, you deserve this happiness!! :)
Hugs-
Ann

Allison said...

Dawn,
I'm really looking forward to following this Blog. Though we've never really "met" I think of you often and have been touched by your trials and tribulations. I'm so sorry that this was your experience with adoption.

I'm thrilled that you and Joe will be able to move forward and realize your dream of becoming parents. You have so much to look forwad to.

All my best,
Alli

Dana said...

I am so happy that you started a new blog for this wonderful time of your lives! I was so happy to read in your other one about the good news and I look forward to reading more in the future. Congrats on being parents in the near future!! Lots and lots of hugs and good wishes.