Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Update





Hi everyone! Bella is now a month old!!! I can't believe it. She was weighed at the doctor's yesterday and she is now 8 pounds 9 ounces! She also grew an inch. She is a little buddha :) She is a very good baby. I certainly miss my sleep though ;) We are also going through our own growing pains as new parents - constantly asking ourselves "Is this normal?"

She has had a few growth spurts when she is eating LIKE MAD. The doctor said she really did gain a lot of weight very quickly. Then a few days ago she had a bad day and was fussy all day long and was awake from 6 am to 9 pm going no longer than 10 minute cat naps. She eats every two hours and the doctor said to try and push it to three hours now. I have no idea how I am going to pull that off when she is screaming her head off for food.

Oh, speaking of food. My milk NEVER CAME IN. Why doesn't anyone tell you that some women never lactate? I kept waiting for this "let down" that everyone describes anticpating leaking everywhere and being engorged. Nothing - nada. I am disappointed.

Enjoy the pictures!

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a cutie!

Was looking forward to some updated pictures.....

She is just beautiful and I love the name...

Enjoy your little Bella

Adrienne in Ireland

Marcia said...

I'm so glad you updated and that all is going well! What a pretty pretty girl she is!
Blessings,
Marcia

The Cook said...

Finally an update! she is precious and looks like you!

Springs Landing said...

Oh Dawn, little Bella is beautiful! May God always bless her and your family. Keep the updates coming....it's great to finally hear and see a happy ending.

Sandy

Miracle Balsitis said...

I've been following you for several years. Congratulations Dawn and Joe. Blessings to you.