Thursday, January 1, 2009

Approaching Week 23

It is finally 2009 and so far it looks like this will be a great year for me and hubby! Our precious daughter will be born this year! Not to mention, a certain someone is starting his new year in the most appropriate place for him...jail ;)

Joe and I saw my parents for the first time in three years after a period of estrangement. We had them over for New Year's Eve and it was really nice! My mom is finding it happy/strange/wild to see her own daughter now pregnant and having a daughter herself. That must be weird. I know becoming a mother is certainly surreal, so I imagine seeing your own child having a baby is even more so.

I am finally feeling Bella...not kicks, but like a squirmy feeling inside you. Especially when I am laying down to sleep. Is this any indication of her future sleeping pattern? If it is - I am in trouble ;) Her motto seems to be "If Mom is sleeping I am ready to party!"

My belly hurts recently...I guess it is all stretching and making more room for her next growth spurt. I am starting to show a little bit - the waist seems to be evaporating. I think, depending on what I am wearing, you can see I am pregnant and not just fat - but fat and pregnant ;)

I am so anxious for her to be born. Then there are times I am scared and wonder if I'll be able to "do it" and actually deliver her. What if I am not strong enough and I can't push enough? All these what if questions plague me. I would like to avoid a C-section, but I realize that nature will take its course and I will simply be along for the ride.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Happy New Year Dawn! I can't wait for your daughter to be born either! Thanks again for all you did to get that slime ball behind bars. That's definitely a good way to get the New Year started off right.
Laurel

Dana said...

Happy New Year! I'm so happy that 2009 will be a better year, I'm sure the best yet. You're starting it out right, you're having a baby girl, he's in jail and you saw your parents for the first time in 3 years. It's all going very well in the first week of 2009!